Bartell Theatre FAQs
We continually review what people have searched for on our Information page so if you don’t see your question below, we aim to have that up shortly after you have searched for it. Please also feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t see your question below.
- What are the box office hours?
- Where is the Bartell Theatre located?
- How can I purchase tickets?
- Where do I park?
- Do you have concessions and/or a bar?
- When are the show times for the shows?
- I was unable to purchase tickets online. Does that mean the show is sold out?
- Can I hold tickets and purchase them at the door?
- I purchased tickets and now I’m unable to go. What are my options? Are there refunds?
- Do you have a waitlist or do you release tickets?
- Does the Bartell Theatre have an email list?
- Are the shows reserved seating or general admission?
- Am I able to reserve handicap seating?
- Are discounted tickets available?
- Does the Bartell have gift cards or gift certificates?
- Does the Bartell have season subscriptions?
- I want to act! When are auditions?
- How can I volunteer at the Bartell Theatre?
- Are there any available jobs, employment or careers at the Bartell Theatre?
- – What are the box office hours?
Tuesday – Friday: 2pm-6pm. The box office is also open 1-hour before each performance.
- – Where is the Bartell Theatre located? What is the Bartell Theatre street address?
113 E Mifflin St, Madison. We are next to the YWCA and Sol’s on the Square.
- – How can I purchase tickets?
You can purchase ticket in-person, online, or over the phone!
- – Where do I park?!
Parking can be very difficult on the capitol square. After 6:00 p.m. street parking is free, but limited. The Capitol Square North Garage is located on the corner of E Mifflin St and N Webster St.
- – Do you have concessions and/or a bar?
We do have concessions and also serve alcohol. You will also be able to bring food and drink into the both the Evjue and Drury theatre.
- – When are the showtimes for the shows?
There is not standard showtime for shows at the Bartell Theatre. Please refer to the webpages for each show to get the dates and times. Traditionally, the lobby doors open 60 minutes before showtime, and seating begins 30 minutes before showtime.
- – I was unable to purchase tickets online. Does that mean the show is sold out?
Online ticket sales stop 2 hours before showtime. If you’re attempting to purchase tickets less than two hours before showtime, please call the box office. If you’re trying to purchase tickets before the 2-hour window, it’s possible the show is sold out. You can call the box office to confirm. (608) 661-9696
- – Can I hold tickets and purchase them at the door?
Unfortunately we are unable to hold tickets without payment at this time.
- – I purchased tickets but now I’m unable to go. What are my options? Are there refunds?
If you’re unable to attend the play, fear not, you have a few options!
a) We can exchange the ticket for a different performance of the same show. No charge!
b) If you’re unable to attend any shows during the run, but still want to support
community theatre, consider donating your ticket payment to the Bartell Theatre.
c) Starting at the beginning of the 2018-19 season, we are unable to grant refunds. Consider gifting your tickets to a friend! Whatever option you choose, give the box office a call at (608) 661-9696 or email us with any questions or concerns.
- – Do you have a waitlist or do you release tickets?
There are two answers to this question:
a) If a show sells out in pre-sale, we can add your name to a waitlist, but we cannot guarantee you’ll receive a ticket. We are happy to get to you tickets for a different night if possible.
b) If the show is sold out and you have purchased tickets and/or have comp tickets in will-call and you have NOT called to let the box office know you will be running late, we release all un-claimed tickets at showtime. If you arrive late and find your ticket has been released, we will issue a refund.
- – Does the Bartell Theatre have an email list?
Yes! You can sign up here
- – Are the shows reserved seating or general admission?
All of the shows are the Bartell Theatre are general admission, unless otherwise noted.
- – Am I able to reserve handicap seating?
Yes, you can. If you are in need of special seating, please let us know. If you are ordering in person or over the phone, let our box office person know. Or, if you’re ordering tickets online, you can make note of your seating needs in the “Comments” section before checkout.
- – Does the Bartell have gift cards or gift certificates?
Unfortunately, we do not offer gift certificates at this time.
- – Are discounted tickets available?
Each of our theatre companies set their own ticket prices. Available discounts are listed on the website.
- – How can I volunteer at the Bartell Theatre?
Great question! Community theatre depends on volunteers for every show. If you would like to help out, check out each of the PTC websites for upcoming show opportunities and/or fill out this Volunteer Survey to tell us how you’d like to help. Thank you!
- – Are there any available jobs, employment or careers at the Bartell Theatre?
There are currently no openings.