For the August Cap Times Talk, we will bring together a panel of local artists and critics to talk about some of the things that get Madison’s arts community fired up —negative reviews, complimentary tickets, diversity among artists and critics, and conflicts of interest.
Possible questions include: What obligation do Madison and Milwaukee writers have to support their local arts scene? Should it matter to a writer if a company is volunteer or professional? What effect do reviews have on an audience and artists in the age of social media? Can a review make or break a show?
Cap Times theater critic Lindsay Christians will moderate the panel, whose members are:
• Cat Capellaro, arts editor of Isthmus
• Aaron Conklin, theater critic for Madison Magazine
• Mike Fischer, theater critic for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
• Sarah Marty, producing artistic director for Four Seasons Theatre
• Dana Pellebon, Madison-based director and actor
• Sara Young, director of communications for American Players Theatre.